The deadline to apply for September 2017 entry is extended until May 30, 2017.
For more information on how to apply to The Transition Year Program at York University, please visit the York University Future Students Website.
Check Your Eligibility
The TYP Admissions Committee will consider each application individually in order to assess the individual needs of candidates, to judge their level of motivation, commitment, and academic promise, and to assess existing academic skills.
Preferred applicants will:
- be from low income and immigrant/minority or Aboriginal populations located in the GTA and surrounding areas;
- be a minimum of 19 years of age;
- be out of school for two or more years;
- normally have completed some grade 11 (or equivalent);
- require additional educational intervention to succeed at university;
- be among the first generation in their families to participate in a post-secondary academic program; and
- be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident/protected person.
Meeting the preferred applicant criteria does not guarantee a conditional offer of admission to the Transition Year Program.